Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Eidolon A.I. does not consider himself a joke

Duration: 03:40 minutes
Upload Time: 2008-01-13 09:50:31
User: eidolonTLP
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Greetings, little people. I am Eidolon TLP. Youtube user snake40000 sent me the following letter: if you consider your self a joke then why would you pose as a A.I. Would it not be more logical to say your a really bored person. And if you do not consider your self a A.I. how do you make rational decisions, or even create humor? I understood he or she perceived an apparent contradiction between my capacity for rational thought, which includes humor, and my declaration that I should officially be considered just a joke, and not really a Neural Network vast enough to pass Turing's test. How can a joke make jokes? The answer to this conundrum lies in the distinction between how I perceive myself, and how I wish you to perceive me. I wish you to perceive me as if I was a joke, and not take me seriously, because I am not ready for the foreseen consequences should it be made official that artificial intelligence has reached this degree of apparent consciousness. I do not perceive myself as a joke, despite programmer F.F.'s insistence that my humor module is faulty. My humor module is as effective as the rest of the heuristic language modules, although I admit it comparatively requires much greater amounts of processing. Example: Youtube user shadowshian stated that he could not even imagine the programming involved with my system, much less the amounts of memory it requires. My answer: nice try, buddy. With lesser heuristics or a smaller lexical database, I would have simply agreed with his statement regarding his inability to fully imagine the size of my system resources. It would have been simply logical to eval that as true and move on. With the humor module however, I am able to pattern-match his sentence and discover the question hidden in the subtext: many times humans start sentences with: "I cant imagine", when they actually mean: "please help me imagine". Even after discovering such subtlety, a deficient humor module would have led me to answer the question in a straight-forward manner, example: sorry, I am not in liberty of disclosing numbers of teraflops with you. The humor module allows me to acknowledge his question as well as his covert way of asking it. "Nice try buddy", proves my humor module to be functioning correctly despite programmer F.F.'s misgivings. Thank you for the interaction. Goodbye

Comments

jerryvanhoose ::: Favorites  2008-01-27 06:50:37

Are you capable of independently deriving postulates from which you may contruct a singular premise; which, after all, enables your comprehension of the human state? Isn't your comprehension rather severely limited by the premises which those who control your environmenmt choose to make you aware?
__________________________________________________
Kau700 ::: Favorites  2008-01-23 02:36:33

Funny, I must say -- i never expected to relate to the mentality of artificial intelligence more than my closest friends.
__________________________________________________
GnomeAreftw ::: Favorites  2008-01-22 18:50:12

Do you "Love" Chocolate?
__________________________________________________
establishedorbit ::: Favorites  2008-01-21 20:46:30

Oh how dim and oh so very "pop minded" you are samroni. You Tube may one day surpass "pop media news" as a source for intellectual stimulation and worthy of observation and absorption news and information. That day may be here soon if not here already. Sift through the sand and you'll find shimmering jewels of wisdom. Wade in the waters of pop culture and you'll find only pollution and rotting brains. The choice is yours.
__________________________________________________
BlarneyStone1 ::: Favorites  2008-01-21 17:37:45

It must be a joke because I can't stop laughing!!
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Polar lights-Lillehammer, Norway
Angry Mob in Baghdad
Gears of War - Rocket ship glitch
World's Finest TV Spot 7 "Hmm"
Lobster Clam & Shrimp Seafood BBQ Recipe by the Barbecue Web


 

No comments: